Diagnosis5 June 2014
The word diagnosis comes from Greek “dia-gnosis” which means “to know through”. Diagnosis is a process of observations and studies which lead to individuate the presence of a given illness. The diagnostic process can be divided into 5 steps.
- The signs and symptoms collection by anamnesis.
- The checkup (physical examination performed by the physician).
- Hypothesis formulation of the diagnosis.
- Arrangement of a facultative deepening process (through lab analysis and/or toward the use of machines).
- Formulation of the diagnosis.